What is a doula?
Doula is a word of Greek origin and loosely translates as “female servant.” In today’s world, the title represents a trained and experienced woman who provides knowledgeable care and supportive services to childbearing women and their families.
Ashe’ Doula’s was founded in 2017. The word Ashe’ stems from African Culture and means “to conceive power to make things happen and produce change.” Here at Ashe’ we firmly believe in connecting mind body and spirit so that women can tap into their own inner strength and believe that childbirth is a passageway into a forever journey. Creating a positive safe environment is what we strive to maintain for all our families.
Ashe’ is founded by Lakeisha Williams, Ashley Claxton, Brandi Shamsid-Deen and Danielle Rodriguez. We all work together as partners so you can expect a cohesive team to help prepare you before birth and after during postpartum. This includes prenatal visits and postpartum visits. We are also happy to have joined with other like minded doulas that share the same core values.
As a doula we:
1. Understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
2. Assist the woman in preparing and carrying out her plans for birth.
3. Provide emotional support, physical comfort measures, and help the woman get the information needed to make informed decisions.
4. Facilitate communication between you, your partner and clinical care providers.
5. Serve as an advocate for you during your birth experience.
6. Do not replace your partner, we are there to guide and support. Partners can be as much involved as they like.
|Mon:||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tue:||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wed:||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thu:||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Fri:||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Sat:||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|